Tuesday 23 June 2015

KARMA THEORY

How does Karma settlement happen in Lord Krishna's life?

Krishna spent many years in Dwaraka, with the Yadavas. But gradually the Yadavas grew arrogant and wicked. They began to insult the sages. They began to think that they were unequalled in strength and that no one could check them. 


Once they went to a holy place called Prabhasa. They enjoyed themselves and also drank heavily. They began to quarrel among themselves. They drew out their swords. Krishna watched them and thought that they were going to become a menace to people, and that they were inviting their own destruction. True, they were all his relatives, and he had grown up in their midst. Krishna had no attachment which would blind him to the truth. The protection of peace and Dharma was paramount.

He thought that the Yadavas should perish in their internal quarrels. He made no attempt to save them. They fought among themselves and almost all the Yadavas lay dead.

The mission of Krishna's life had been achieved. The evil were destroyed and the good protected. Krishna decided to leave the world. He sent messengers to bring the Pandavas. Sitting under a tree he began deep meditation and soon forgot the rest of the world.

A hunter came that way. He saw Krishna's foot from a distance and mistook him for a deer. He shot an arrow. The arrow entered Krishna's foot. The hunter ran to the spot and saw what had happened. He was shocked.

Hunter asked for a apology and Krishna comforted the hunter stating the following:

"In my last birth as Lord Rama I killed a vanara standing behind a tree and hitting an Arrow at the vanra (Vali). I reap for what I did in my past birth. I should set as an example to others:

- I Know that a bad act of mine will get back to me.

At the same I was a eka pathini virathan in my previous life devoted to my wife sita. But it so happened I was blessed with 16,000 gopikas around me in the current birth as Krishna.

So don't regret for what you did. It is this way I need to leave this body and I accept it. " 


Does the karma settlement happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment