Sunday 26 November 2023

MEDITATION TURNS FOOLS INTO SAGES

 A thief went to a buddhist monk Nagarjuna and said, “I am highly impressed with your ascetic life and willing to live too, but I am a thief and I can't leave stealing.”

Nagarjuna asked, “Who asked you to leave?”

The Thief said, “Whenever I go to any monk, they tell me to leave theft, then only I can start.”

Nagarjuna said, “Then they are not real monk, the truth is you can continue being a thief and also start your spiritual journey.”

The thief was very happy after listening this.

Nagarjuna said, “Just remember one thing whenever you do stealing just be conscious at that time, be aware what you are doing.”

The thief agreed.

After 2 days, he came and said, “You have put me in a big trouble, you have told me to be aware while Stealing and now when I am aware, and conscious I am not able to do any kind of theft. Now I don't want to be a thief, I want to lead a spiritual life, please accept me as your disciple.

Till you are not aware, conscious you are not more than a fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment