Friday 31 January 2014

DO IT


A Zen Master dropped his handkerchief on the floor, and a disciple was there and the Master said, “Try to pick it up and
give it back to me. Try!”

And the disciple immediately took the handkerchief from the ground and gave it to the Master, but the Master dropped it again and he said, ”I am saying try to get it!” Six times the Master goes on dropping, and the disciple is puzzled as to what he means.

Then suddenly the idea struck him: ”The Master is saying try to
get it.” He said, ”But how can I try? Either I pick it up or I
don’t. How can I try?”

And the Master said, ”That’s what you have been doing for three years – trying to meditate. Either you meditate or you don’t! How can you try?”

Trying is a device. Trying is a trick. When we don’t want to do a thing, we try. The most dangerous language pattern that can
spoil your future is the word 'try'. Suppose if you ask your brain to "give it a try," you are actually telling your brain to fail. If you "try" and do something, your unconscious mind has permission not to succeed. Either people will do it or they won't and there cannot be an ‘in between’ stage at any point of time, I
firmly believe.


When you want to do a thing, you simply DO it!

No comments:

Post a Comment