Friday 22 March 2013

EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION

What is Effective Communication??

Jack and Max are walking from religious service. Jack wonders whether it would be all right to smoke while praying.

Max replies, "Why don't you ask the Priest?"

So Jack goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I smoke while I pray?"

But the Priest says,"No, my son, you may not. That's utter disrespect to our religion."

Jack goes back to his friend and tells him what the good Priest told him.
Max says, "I'm not surprised. You asked the wrong question. Let me try."
And so Max goes up to the Priest and asks, "Priest, may I pray while I smoke?"

To which the Priest eagerly replies, "By all means, my son. By all means."

Moral: The reply you get depends on the question you ask.

For Example : Can I work on this project while I'm on vacation ?!?





Communication, if used right, can be very powerful!

Reminds me of a joke, but then, the message is powerful...

In England, John has been summoned to court for having greeted his neighbor, Mrs. Robinson, with "Good Morning, pig!"

The judge pronounces a fine of ten pounds for insulting her.

John pays up and then asks the judge if there is any fine for calling a pig by name. The judge says, "Of course not!".

John turns to Mrs. Robinson and wishes her: "Good Morning, Mrs. Robinson!"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks JP, now i understand,

    calling mala as பேய் is offense
    but calling பேய் as mala is ok...by all means?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha....got my dose of lafffs for today!! Thx :)

    ReplyDelete