Monday 12 August 2013

THIS TOO SHALL PASS ...2


If I can endure for this minute
Whatever is happening to me,
No matter how heavy my heart is
Or how dark the moment may be -


If I can remain calm and quiet
With all the world crashing about me,
Secure in the knowledge God loves me
When everyone else seems to doubt me -


If I can but keep on believing
What I know in my heart to be true,
That "darkness will fade in the morning"
And that this will pass away, too -


Then nothing in life can defeat me
For as long as this knowledge remains
I can suffer whatever is happening
For I know God will break "all the chains"
That are binding me tight in "the Darkness"
And trying to fill me with fear -
For there is no night without dawning
And I know that "my morning" is near.


Its a beautiful poem by Helen Steiner Rice

14 comments:

  1. Dear JP, is God in this related to இறைநிலை? if so, how இறைநிலை can love me & this beautiful poem can be deciphered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading the next four or five chapters of ஆன்மீக ஆனா, ஆவன்னா you'll easily understand how
      இறைநிலை can love!

      In the mean time pl start thinking on the famous lines -

      அன்பே சிவம் &
      அன்புக்கும் உண்டோ அடைக்கும் தாழ்?

      Delete
    2. If அன்பே = சிவம், then Parvathi = ?

      அன்புக்கும் உண்டோ அடைக்கும் தாழ்? - yeah, sometimes, don't u agree?

      Delete
    3. Glad to note that you started thinking..

      Delete
    4. hello sir, still u didn't answer ?

      Delete
    5. வாழ்வே தவம், அன்பே சிவம்!

      Parvathi = Sakthi

      சக்தி இருந்தால்தான் வாழ்க்கை!

      Continue thinking!

      Delete
    6. for a moment, i read it as சத்தி இருந்தால்தான் வாழ்க்கை..

      and so JPji, you do agree on Parvathi = Sakthi which is = இறைநிலை, hmmm....(i am n't thinking now, later)

      and u still didn't answered my second Q,
      sometimes in life அன்புக்கும் உண்டூ அடைக்கும் தாழ் due to various reasons??

      Delete
    7. 'அன்பை' வேறு அர்த்தங்களில் பயன்படுத்தும்போது அது அடைக்கப்படும்!

      Delete
    8. sorry for butting in but i don't agree.... true அன்பு can never be adaichufied...for whatever reason!!

      Delete
    9. JP, i was about to type the above. If it's true love, then it can't be bolted. If love has set boundaries / conditions / limitations / means-of-usage, then simply it's not LOVE, it"s namesake love

      Delete
    10. புரிஞ்சா சரி!

      ″அன்பும் சிவமும் இரண்டென்பர் அறிவிலார்
      அன்பே சிவமாவ தாரும் அறிகிலார்
      அன்பே சிவமாவ தாரும் அறிந்தபின்
      அன்பே சிவமாய் அமர்ந்திருந் தாரே″ – திருமூலர்

      Delete
    11. yeahh...புரிஞ்சா சரி! :)

      Delete
  2. reading this poem after a long time...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really a beautiful poem!! Thanks Uncle!!

    ReplyDelete