Tuesday 5 February 2013

UNTOLD STORY

What everybody ought to know… 
about the inspirational life story of an unsold shoe
Written by: Ashish Paliwal
( sent by my friend )


Hay!! My name is…Pata …… Hmm……..They don`t call me by name.

I am just a simple, daily support. I am a shoe.

Hey buddy!!!Don`t make those faces, I may look bore but I have an interesting personality. Even I do have my share of ups and downs as you do……………

Not convinced…………………………?

 Ah….this always happens with me, nobody cares for a cup of my life story.

Any ways I have my shelf-apartment in branded showroom with lots of lighting and decorations around me. And don`t forget those cute ladies footwear, most of the time-they are impressed by my arch rival; Fancy sports shoes. I hate them.

Today in the morning-my manager gave me the ultimatum to vacate my space otherwise he will pack me to morgue. I don`t want to go there. That’s a cold dark place like horror films; I have to search a buyer for me.

Yesterday a couple came; I was among the ones who were selected. That lady “How dare she said I am old fashioned” you tell me, my friend “is being simple old fashioned?”


Most of my batch mates are sold. I am still on the shelf not because I am old fashioned. I am ever green but the man who was responsible for me; was drunk that day. Luckily I escaped with few injuries on my sole.


But that’s not I am going to tell you. I understand the pain of being unsold but a day will come when I will see the light.


Most of my life is same as yours. I was born from a leather roll. “You are going to be a best shoe ever crafted’ shoe maker was very happy to find me. The dream seed to become the best was planted that vary day (Expectations; same as on you)


Here is how fun in my life began………..


It was a proud moment to be among the few lucky ones who were chosen for the first batch. But the proud proved to be very economical. On the very first day, I was disfigured into pieces .That was a nightmare. I had to go through the unbearable pain but the dream to become best kept me going (It always does.). Those were the days when people used to say; this would be one of the best shoes ever. I don`t know why? I was an awful looking piece of lather but that always inspired me to achieve those words.

Time is most tought teacher in the world.


At every point of life, He tested my dedication towards my dream. I had to bear pain. Brushes were rolled over me, I was scratched everywhere but it didn`t break me. When I came out of all that I was more refined and shinier. During stitching my patience brook I cried a lot. I cursed god, why he made me a shoes, why he didn`t give me an easy life….and when the extreme hot sole was attached and hammered in me. I thought of giving up. But somehow I kept me inspired with the tales of fellow shoes who did great in their life. Those who were graced by famous people, sports celebrities, film stars- Even I met with the great grandson of Edison`s shoes. He was proud of his great granddad`s achievement.


And finally a day came when I was carefully polished; my corners were refined. Every extra string was removed. I looked myself in mirror. It was an amazing feeling. I forgot all the pain, every trouble which I faced, every moment when I thought of giving up. Today I was a proud ecstatic shoes, A thought crossed my mind that if I would have given up that day……….I would not have been here, I would have lying somewhere in the morgue……………………………


That was the proudest moment in my life. I was packed carefully; wrapped in the cosy comfort of the most expansive paper. I was sent here, in the biggest showroom my dream home.


Who so ever used to come in the showroom- A look at me and they used to sigh. “Oh! What a piece.” I was the dream of youngsters, attraction of mature and love of seniors. But as you may have heard “Nothing is permanent in this world”. A small incident changed my life. It was the occasion of Diwali, and the decorations in the showroom were in full swing. We all were being rearranged and the responsibility to handle me was given to the most experienced man of the showroom. He was a humble old man. The next door uncle………but I suppose that was the worst day of his life, usually you will find him calm and sober but that was not a usual day. His life partner of years was near to sleep with god (He told me later).He came to office drunk; It seemed he knelt in front of fate and circumstances. He carefully picked me up although his hands were shaking and not in his control but his grip was firm. He walked towards the new shelf slowly, I felt like I was in a roller coaster……Doing to and fro…..suddenly his feet came on something and that`s it. I was tossed high in air- all alone. I felt like a lost child who was left behind in the crowed, that moment I remembered my mother. “BOOM” This was the last thing which I heard; the thrust forced me to faint otherwise I am a very brave man. And when I open my eyes, I saw many people around me. I felt pain in my right sole. Shoemaker told me, I hit a sharp knife which cut me at 2-3 place but there was nothing to worry as over all I was good. I recovered in well in 2-3 days but no I was kept in defected shelf, my original shelf was given to someone else. Now, no one is interested in me anymore.


My price has been reduced, I am being discounted but they don`t understand I am still the same person inside. Now I understood….they priced me high because of my beauty, my shine, my design but they don`t know all which brought me to that stats came from inside not out …………..

I will rise once again………………

.I will fight once again…… because inside I am still the same.

I have a dream…………………………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment