Sunday 15 October 2023

ARJUNA's PRIDE


Once Arjuna became proud that he was the greatest devotee of God. One day Shri Krishna took Arjuna for a walk with him.

On the way they met a poor Brahman. His behaviour was a little strange. He was eating dry grass and a sword was hanging from his waist.

Arjun asked him, 'You are a worshiper of non-violence. Due to fear of violence, the creatures survive by eating dry grass. But then why do you have this instrument of violence, the sword, with you?'

The Brahmin replied, I want to punish some people.

Who are your enemies? Arjun expressed curiosity.

The Brahmin said, I am searching for four people so that I can settle my accounts with them.

  1. First of all I am looking for Narad. Narad does not allow my Lord to rest, he always keeps him awake by singing bhajans and kirtans.
  2. Then I am also very angry with Draupadi. She called out to my Lord just when he was sitting down to eat. He immediately had to leave his meal and go to save the Pandavas from the curse of sage Durvasa. Just look at his audacity. He fed false food to my Lord.
  3. Who is your third enemy? Arjun asked. He is heartless Prahlad. That cruel person put my Lord in a cauldron of hot oil, crushed him under the feet of an elephant and finally forced him to appear from a pillar.
  4. The fourth enemy is Arjun. Look at his wickedness, he has made my God his charioteer. He did not care at all about God's inconvenience. How much pain my Lord must have suffered. As soon as he said this, the Brahmin had tears in his eyes.

Seeing this, Arjun's pride was shattered. He apologized to Shri Krishna and said, Lord, I agree that there are so many types of your devotees in this world, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment