Sunday 7 April 2013

LOVE LETTER -2







The  letter below is said to have been written by 
the American Poet Robert  Louis Stevenson 
to his fiancée before his marriage.


My Dear

The Great love I have hitherto expressed for you
is false and I my indifference towards you
increases daily. The more I see of you, the more
you appear in my eyes as an object of contempt.
I feel myself every way disposed and determined
to hate you. Believe me, I never had an intention
to offer you my hand. Our last conversation has
left a tedious insipience which has by no means
given me the most exalted idea of your character.
Your temper would make me extremely unhappy
and if we are united, I shall experience not but
the everlasting hatred of my parents, added to the dis
pleasure in living with you. I have indeed a heart
to bestow, but I do not desire you to imagine it
at your service. I could not give it to any one more
inconsistent  and conspicuous than yourself and not
capable to do honour to my choice and to my family.
Yes, indeed, I hope you will be persuaded that,
I speak sincerely and you will do me a favour
to avoid me. I shall excuse your taking the trouble
to answer this letter. Your letters are always full of
impertinence and have not a shadow of
good sense or wit. Adieu, mon ami, believe me
my advice to you is that it is impossible for me
to be your most affectionate friend and humble servant.


Have you read the letter?
It is indeed very unkind.

Please read further 
Omitting the light blue lines

The text is the same
Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment