Thursday 20 June 2013

SHOULDER



Taken from a mail  -

My Dad used to ask me: "What is the most important part of the body?"

Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Dad."

Dad said, "No Many people r deaf. But u keep thinking about it & I’ll ask u again soon."

Several years passed before he asked me again. Since making my 1st attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told him, "Dad, it must be our eyes."

Dad looked at me & told me, "U r learning fast, but the answer isn’t correct bcoz there r many people who r blind."

Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge. Over the years, Dad asked me the same thing & always his answer was, "No, but u r getting smarter every year."

Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Even my Dad cried. I remember, Bcoz it was only the 2nd time I saw him cry. My Mom looked at me when it was our turn to say our final good-bye to Grandpa. Dad asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, my dear?"

I was shocked when he asked me this now. Dad saw the confusion on my face & told me, "This question is very important. It shows that u have really lived in ur life. For every body part u gave me in the past, I have told u was wrong & I have given u an example why. But today is the day u need to learn this important lesson."

Dad looked down at me, & said, "My dear, the most important body part is ur shoulder."

"It is Bcoz it can hold the head of a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only hope that u have enough love & friends that u will always have a shoulder to cry on when u need it."

Now I knew the shoulders are not a selfish one. It is sympathetic to the pain of others. People will forget what u said... People will forget what u did.... But people will NEVER forget how u made them feel. 

Be blessed. Be a blessing. Get ur shoulder ready...


தகப்பனின் தோள் 

இரண்டாம் கருப்பை !


1 comment: