Sunday 30 June 2013

KINDNESS...2

Shri Guru Govind singh was going somewhere with his troop. 
Suddenly a stone came quickly from nowhere and hit his head.
A little line of blood appeared on the temple of Sri Govind Singh.


 His soldiers immediately went around finding the culprit. Very soon they came back with a destitute, lean and thin lady. The lady was trembling with fear.

When she was brought in front of Shri Govind Singh, she said," O my lord, please forgive me for this grave offence. My bad luck is following me everywhere. My three kids were dying of hunger as we didn't get anything to eat for past three days. To save the life of my children, I thought of picking some fruits form the nearby garden. As I threw stone to get the fruit from the tree, the stone instead of hitting the fruit, came and hit your temple."

Hearing her plight the heart of Sri Guru Govind Singh melted with compassion and he ordered his men to give 1000 coins and nice food items to the lady.

Everyone was astonished, including the poor lady. Then one of the confidants asked Guru Govind singh for the reason of this prize.

Sri Guru Govind Singh answered," Even a dumb, immovable tree gives fruits on throwing stones. Why should I not help the needy for I am far better and well off than that tree?"

No comments:

Post a Comment