Monday 13 March 2023

" I AM " STATEMENTS OF JESUS


Throughout the Gospel of John we find 7 I Am statements of Jesus. These are statements that Jesus made about himself that reveal who he truly is. And what Jesus reveals about himself is both surprising and encouraging. Jesus' I Am statements reveal to us who he is and what he came to do.

In many languages like English, the phrase “I am” indicates the speaker's existence. Read this way, the Lord's statement “I am” is a declaration, “I exist.”

In John 8:24 Jesus states: "For unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins", and later the crowd attempts to stone Jesus in response to his statement in John 8:58: "Before Abraham was, I am". Many other translations, including the American Standard Version, have rendered John 8:24 as something like "...
The seven sayings
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
  • To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
  • Woman, behold, thy son! Behold, thy mother!
  • My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
  • I thirst.
  • It is finished.
  • Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment